Sunday, December 5, 2010

Easy No-Bake Haystacks Special Recipe

I asked Huz what kind of cookies he wanted since I'm doing a Christmas Cookie Baking Marathon at our place today.  He said, "Do you know how to make a Haystack?"  Well I think I do, but since they are so simple I thought maybe his mom had a special haystack recipe or something.  Negative.  There is nothing special about them, but this is the way he likes them...




Chocolate Haystacks

Ingredients:
2 bags (12 oz. size) chocolate chips
1 package (18 oz. size) chow mein noodles
1.5 cups coconut
 
Directions:  Heat chocolate chips in double boiler or saucepan until soft. Add chow mein noodles and coconut. Form into balls and cool on waxed paper or just drop spoonfuls of mixture on waxed paper. Let cool until firm. 
Voila!  You're done!  Disappear for awhile so Huz thinks these are much more time consuming and you've been slaving away over his favorite treat.  I'd recommend sewing for a bit then having him do the dishes.  But shhhh...it's our little secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment