1. Cut a piece of polar fleece approximately 1/2" bigger than head measurement in width, by 16"-18" tall depending on how long you like your fringe. Don't worry, if it's too long you can always trim it later.
2. Cut one 1" by 10" strip, set aside.
3. Fold fleece in half width-wise and stitch 1/2" seam allowance all the way from the top to the bottom of the hat lengthwise. Don't forget to backstitch at the top and the bottom.
4. Turn bottom edge up 2.5". Pin, stitch edge down. I prefer to zig zag this as it stretches a bit more when its pulled over the head. The zig zag allows for a bit of stretching where a straight stitch may break.
5. Bunch the top about 3-4" from top of hat. Lay strip of fleece under hat.
6. Tie strip in knot--double knot this.
7. Cut fringes 1" wide. Trim strip to same length as fringes. Voila, your hat is finished. Push the "easy" button.
Repeat and share the hat love!