1/4 yard fleece fabric for lining
Seam allowance is 1/4”
1. Cut 2 of sweater fabric for each piece and 2 of lining for each piece. Also cut cuffs off sweater allowing 1/2" for seam allowance.
2. Pin top and bottom of hand piece #2 and #3 sewing to notch on thumb side, as shown. I cut my notches off and just mark them with a fabric marker and sew to the pin.
3. Flip front open and pin back to front. Stitch all the way around the mitten. Stitch up to thumb seam from both sides leaving thumb free.
4. Repeat sewing assembly for lining pieces. Sew cuff to lining.
5. Place lining inside mitten. Fold cuff over and stitch in the ditch on side seams.