Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake #Recipe {What I Worked on Wednesday}


This ice cream cake turned out amazing and was super simple to make.  Here's how I made it....

       Ingredients:
  • 2 boxes of 12 sandwiches
  • 2 pints of whipping cream
  • Vanilla
  • Powdered Sugar
  • 2 pounds of cut fresh Strawberries
  • Hershey's Syrup

Layer ice cream sandwiches in a 2 x 6 row, making a square on a jelly roll pan.  Lay them side by side with no gaps.  Mix up one pint of whipping cream. I add about 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 3/4 cup of powdered sugar. My favorite way to whip this is in my Vitamix.  It takes about 1 minute and its whipped cream.  Spread the whipped cream on the first layer.  Put your second layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of the cream in the 2 x 6 layout.  Mix your second pint of cream up and spread over the top.  Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours.  Top with strawberries and Hershey's chocolate before serving.  

This was a total crowd pleaser at my sons birthday party and only took minutes to whip up.  Woot!  What are you working on this fine Wednesday?

No comments:

Post a Comment