Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Blast Away the Past {What I Worked on Wednesday}

So we have an awesome walk-out basement, but once you get inside, the entry way floor was only half-awesome.  You see I have this nice white tile, but has dusty rose grout.  I don't think so!
This is an extreme close up so you can see just how vibrant this grout was.  I'm doing my best to neutralize our existing color pallet and bring a beachy feel to our lake house.  This pink just wasn't cutting it.  I reached out to my Facebook friends for advice and voila', my friends did not let me down.  Thanks Nicole! :)

I made a trip to my local home improvement store and picked up a stunning shade of charcoal gray "Grout Refresh".  This amazing little grout-makeover-in-a-bottle was only $12!  And it said "apply with a toothbrush". I keep extras around for occasions such as this.

So you shake well, apply the stain with the toothbrush and let it sit for 30-60 minutes.  Mist with water and scrub to remove excess.  Here is a before and after picture.
And then you totally redeemed yourself! You gotta love great movie quotes. Do you have any floor makeover ideas you've tried? I'd love to hear about them, I have a few more floors that need some updating.  Leave your tips below. Have a fabulous Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment