Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Child Rearing





There are days where nothing seems to go right and today was one of those days.  It all came to a rolling boil when I went to pick my sweet Little O up from day care...I was hoping for a "MOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMYYYY" as he gleefully came running to me with a big hug.  Instead, I got a sheepish look and not one, but two incident reports.  The last time we got one of these a rock mysteriously appeared in said child's nose.  Now I don't know about your house, but in mine kicking another child in the crotch and kicking/hitting and calling someone a "poopy head" is simply not accepted.  Where do they pick these things up?  How do you get them to stop when the usual punishments don't work?  And why in the world would you throw a fit because you weren't the line leader this time?   I think I need to read The Strongwilled Child.  Again.  Oh good, just saw there is a  "new" version out!




Anyone want to read it with me?

3 comments:

  1. oh sweetie! hang in there:) {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today he was absolutely sure he could be a good boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read this book if I can get my hands on one. My son is almost a year now and from what I can tell he is going to be a very strong willed child.. just like his mama was. I'd love to hear if this book is helpful.

    ReplyDelete